Thursday, July 23, 2009


When we first brought Jilli home Lincoln was only interested in her when she cried, he would run over to her and just stare. He was in LOVE. He would kiss on her and hold her and smile at her and talk to her. It was all very very sweet and I thought I had it made. Well Grandma went home after a couple of days and about a week later Daddy (Brad, don't worry folks I don't refer to Brad as Daddy) went back to work and all the sudden jealousy reared its ugly head, well to be honest it hasn't been so ugly just really cute and funny. One day as I was laying out a blanket to swaddle Jillian, Lincoln jumped on the blanket and would not get off, he was rolling around wrapping himself up. So I, being the great mom that I am, said "just a minute let me wrap up Jilli then I will wrap you up." So I wrapped her and grabbed a bigger blanket and laid it down then wrapped him. Low and behold he laid there until he fell asleep. Now I'm no miracle worker

but this seemed like a miracle to me, so for about a week when nap time or bed time would roll around I would swaddle my 35 pound 17 month old and lay him in his crib where he promptly fell asleep. This technique did not work when we visited Grandma, although it did get some laughs from Grandma and Nicole as they watched me carry him down stairs, so we stopped doing it. But I swear to you it was working at home. In the first pic Lincoln is leaning in to kiss Jilli.


Also I pulled a boogie out of Jilli's nose and it had a flying ant in it. Poor baby.

2 comments:

Markell said...

Those are the joys of being a mom. Very ingenious with wrapping Lincoln. I wonder if it would work for all of my kids??????????

Becky Wertz said...

Your kids are ADORABLE!! I didn't get a chance to see the baby before I moved. Congrats on her!